Green Beans with Melt in U Mouth Potatoes.
You can have Green Beans with Melt in U Mouth Potatoes using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Green Beans with Melt in U Mouth Potatoes
- Prepare of Very large bunch of green beans: wash, trim, cut up. See pic.
- You need 2 of med/lg non-baking potatoes. Largely diced, throw in cold water.
- You need 1 t of cumin seeds.
- It’s 2 of chile peppers diced (i used Jalapeno that's what i had).
- You need 2 T of good veg oil.
- You need 1/2 t of turmeric.
- It’s 2/3 c of water.
- You need 1 t. of fresh, finely slivered ginger.
- It’s 1 of lg garlic clove, minced.
- Prepare 2 T of fresh lemon juice.
- You need 1 t of salt.
- Prepare of (I used a tiny bit crushed red pep cause jalapeno not hot enough.
Green Beans with Melt in U Mouth Potatoes step by step
- Do this to the beans and potatoes. (Pics) Make sure you submerge potatoes into cold water to keep from turning brown. Then dry a bit before tossing in pot. I'm not going to lie. Beans took 45 mins to prep. But there was a lot..
- Dice chile peppers or jalapenos, Prep everything before you start cooking..
- In very large pan heat oil to medium-med./high. Add cumin seeds then cover pan with lid and let them pop a few seconds. Add diced chiles and stir, cook 30 seconds..
- Add garlic, ginger, salt to taste. Add crushed red pepper if using. Toss in green beans, potatoes, turmeric, water and mix, cover..
- Cook until beans & potatoes are cooked through. Mine took about 12-13 minutes on med heat. Keep mixing throughout cooking and keep covered when not mixing. Adjust seasoning and sprinkle with lemon juice before serving if desired..