You can cook P-lo's Meatloaf using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of P-lo's Meatloaf
- You need 3 pounds of ground meat.
- It’s 1 stalk of celery, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 bunch of green onion chopped.
- It’s 1 bunch of fresh parsley, chopped leaves only.
- You need 1 bunch of cilantro, chopped leaves only.
- You need 1/2 of red pepper chopped.
- You need 1 cup of my pico de gallo (on my page) or salsa.
- You need of Ketchup for top of meatloaf.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of mustard and ketchup to mix in with hamburger for meatloaf in bowl.
- Prepare 1/2 of green pepper chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 of chopped onion.
- You need 1 tablespoon of minced garlic.
P-lo's Meatloaf instructions
- Mix everything in bowl besides pico de Gallo and leave some parsley and cilantro aside to top meatloaf off.
- Preheat oven to 375°F and place into baking pan.. At this time I sprinkle salt pepper and garlic all over whole meatloaf.
- Next cover meatloaf with the pico de gallo then I drizzle with ketchup topped with fresh cut parsley and cilantro and put in oven.. Do not cover..(If you don't have pico de gallo, salsa works well).
- About 45 minutes to an hour depending on how big your meatloaf is and oven works, your meatloaf baking pan will be filled about halfway with liquid. Your meatloaf will be starting to brown by this point….Take out oven.
- Drain grease set aside, it makes great roux for gravy!.. Reserve inch of liquid in pan and return to oven.
- Let it bake for approximately 15-20 minutes until meat and ketchup are browning.. Remove from oven and drain as much liquid as can without disturbing meatloaf and place back in oven..
- Put oven on broil (550°F) for like 5 minutes, really fast just to give it that extra flavor …(keep eye on it at this point)! Once all browned your finished will look like this.