Bacon-topped Meatloaf with Mushrooms and Gravy. This bacon wrapped meatloaf is the ultimate comfort food! It's smothered in a savory mushroom gravy and you won't believe it's actually good for you. Since it's mostly made in the oven, I'd say that this recipe is a simple one that doesn't leave you exhausted and sweating like some stove-top ones do!
I did not wrap the loaf with bacon I covered the top instead. I topped with swiss cheese and more mushrooms. This meatloaf is dressed up with a seasoned mushroom gravy. You can cook Bacon-topped Meatloaf with Mushrooms and Gravy using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bacon-topped Meatloaf with Mushrooms and Gravy
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground pork.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- You need 1/2 c of ground golden flaxseeds.
- It’s 2 c of carrots, shredded.
- It’s 1 of med. onion, chopped.
- You need 1 of green bell pepper, seeded and chopped.
- You need 1 tap of sea salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 4 strips of bacon.
- Prepare 2 T of EVOO, coconut oil or butter.
- Prepare 4 oz of button mushrooms, sliced.
- Prepare 1 c of beef broth.
- Prepare 2 c of carrots, shredded.
This tasty meatloaf and gravy are a snap to prepare and bake. Meatloaf is not the invention of thrifty housewives trying to stretch a small amount of costly meat with fillers and spices. It actually dates, in one form or another—patties or. The mushroom gravy puts IT over the top.
Bacon-topped Meatloaf with Mushrooms and Gravy instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- In large bowl, combine beef, pork, eggs, flaxseeds, carrots, onion, bell pepper, salt abd pepper. Spread evenly in a 9×13 pan. Lay bacon strips on top, cover with foil and bake 1 hour..
- In skillet, heat oil ir butter. Cook mushrooms. Remove from heat and set aside..
- After baking meatloaf an hour, remove from oven. Remove foil and pour drippings into skillet with mushrooms. Return meatloaf to oven uncovered, cook for 30 min or until thermometer inserted is 160°F and meat no longer pink..
- Place mushroom mixture over low heat and add broth. Add coconut flour 1 T at a time until desired thickness. Salt and pepper to taste..
- Slice meatloaf and serve topped with gravy..
Two meals in one from this delish dish! Didn't someone say that once, and isn't it true? Great gravies and sauces always seem to transform any dish and take it to a place that leaves you secretly wanting to lick your fingers because it's just that good! If the bacon on the top is not as crisp as you would like, put the meatloaf under the broiler for a few minutes. Bacon Wrapped Honey Glazed Beef Meatloaf With Mushrooms And CranberriesMy Emerald Kitchen.