Leek, fennel and potato soup. Though hot soups aren't typical summer fare, there are plenty of great soup ingredients out there right now – young fennel bulbs, leeks, potatoes – and To give things a more summery feel than a typical potato-leek soup, I've tweaked my standard recipe and riced the potatoes for a silky texture, added. I added fennel to give this classic leek and potato soup a little twist. It adds a sweet anise flavor that really lifts the soup and makes it different.
Making the most of the poor leek harvest.and using up any damaged potatoes that won't be good for storing. Life after full-time work as a nurse.a year. Add in potatoes and give it a stir. You can have Leek, fennel and potato soup using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Leek, fennel and potato soup
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 3 cups of chopped leeks.
- Prepare 2 cups of chopped fennel.
- Prepare 1 L of chicken broth.
- Prepare 2 of Yukon gold potatoes.
- It’s of Fennel fronds and tarragon for garnishing.
Let soup cool slightly, then puree using an immersion blender or food processor. If too thick, add a bit more broth. Fennel is great on its own, raw, but this time I'm blending it up in a soup. With more of our favorite vegetables.
Leek, fennel and potato soup instructions
- In a large pot, melt 2 tbsp butter over medium heat. Sauté 3 cups of chopped leeks and 2 cups of chopped fennel..
- When these turn translucent, add 1 L of water and a chicken bouillon cube. Bring to a boil..
- Add 2 diced Yukon Gold potatoes. Simmer until potatoes become very tender..
- Add salt to taste and fennel fronds and tarragon to garnish. Here’s a photo of the puréed version..
Soup always seems to be in order when Rina, if you read this blog post, know that I love you and I am praying for you every day. This leek, potato and fennel soup is dairy-free and vegan. Add potato, water, salt, fennel seeds, pepper, and broth, and bring to a boil. Place half of the soup in a blender; process until smooth. Pour pureed soup into a bowl.