Bacon and Honey BBQ Meatloaf. Top loaf with remaining barbeque sauce mixture. BBQ Bacon-Wrapped Meatloaf BBQ Bacon-Wrapped Meatloaf. After wrapping with the bacon I made a topping mixture of BBQ sauce, ketchup, honey and Brown sugar which I rubbed over the top before baking.
My mother has her hands on the best meatloaf recipe in the western hemisphere, and maybe the eastern too, but I haven't gotten that far. In a large bowl, dissolve bouillon in water. Stir in the egg, oats, barbecue sauce, onion, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic powder, salt. You can have Bacon and Honey BBQ Meatloaf using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bacon and Honey BBQ Meatloaf
- It’s 2 pounds of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of bread crumbs.
- It’s 1 cup of BBQ sauce.
- You need 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Prepare 1 of small to medium onion (diced).
- Prepare 6-8 strips of bacon.
- You need 2 of eggs.
Mix ground meat, bread crumbs, onion, egg, ½ cup SBR Original Barbecue Sauce, cheese and seasonings in large bowl or stand mixer with paddle attachment. Shape into a loaf on shallow baking pan. Brush remaining ½ cup barbecue sauce over top. Having extra fat in the beef, and not opting for the leanest beef will result in a tender slice of meatloaf!
Bacon and Honey BBQ Meatloaf instructions
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl: mix bread crumbs, ground beef, eggs, BBQ sauce, honey and diced onion..
- Spray non-stick spray in a loaf pan. Put contents of bowl into the loaf pan and flatten out top of loaf. Place pan in larger pan if afraid of grease overflow..
- Place strips of bacon lengthwise on top of loaf until the loaf is covered..
- Place in oven for 45-55 minutes..
- Serve hot with favorite veggie on the side..
If bacon is cooking too quickly, cover dish. Honey BBQ Meatloaf Instructions: First: Preheat your oven and then prepare a baking sheet with foil and set aside. Second: Using your hand gently mix together all ingredients until just combined. Without overworking the meat shape it into a log and place it onto the prepared baking sheet. Spoon on BBQ sauce on top before baking.