Croc pot mashed potatoes. Mashed potatoes are a requirement on the Thanksgiving table, and a hearty side dish for any meal throughout the fall and winter. One of my favorite Thanksgiving tips is to do all this labor ahead and keep the potatoes warm for hours in the Crock-Pot. But then it hit me: Why not use the slow cooker.
My crock pot is a bit to small to add the cream cheese and sour cream at the end. Is it okay to transport the potatoes to a larger bowl and add. How to Make Mashed Potatoes in a Crockpot. You can have Croc pot mashed potatoes using 10 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Croc pot mashed potatoes
- Prepare 2-5 pounds of potatoes.
- Prepare 3/4 c of chicken broth.
- It’s 1/2 of ts onion powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/4 c of butter.
- It’s 1/4 c of butter.
- Prepare 1/4 c of sour cream.
- Prepare to taste of Salt & pepper.
- Prepare Splash of milk.
This is an easy mashed potato recipe that I know you are going to love. Once I started making potatoes in the slow cooker I haven't looked back! I do have a few tips that will ensure success when making these crock pot mashed potatoes… Red potatoes are boiled with garlic and chicken bouillon, then mashed with sour cream and cream cheese. These crock pot mashed potatoes are diced Russet potatoes that are simmered in the slow cooker, then mashed with butter and cream cheese for a decadent and delicious side dish.
Croc pot mashed potatoes step by step
- Peel & cut potatoes into chunks. Add to croc pot. Place broth, garlic salt, powder & onion powder. Cook 3-4 hrs on high or 6-7 hours on low. Stir occasionally..
- Using a potato masher, mash until smooth. Stir in sour cream, butter & milk. Mash again. Add salt & pepper to season. Serve..
Making mashed potatoes in the slow cooker is so easy, you'll never use the stove top method again! Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes are so easy and they free up some much-needed stovetop space for Thanksgiving and other holidays! Dilemma: How to Avoid Beige Crock Pot Mashed Potatoes. The root of the problem is that cooking potatoes in the slow cooker requires less liquid than the traditional. Mashed potatoes are an important part of Thanksgiving, but they sure do require a lot of babysitting.