Not your mom's meatloaf. Meat in a loafed form doesn't exactly excite one's taste buds. Growing up I was a proud and active member of the 'people who hate meatloaf club.' When she asked for the recipe, I knew I had succeeded. So, here we go this is my "Not Your Mom's Meatloaf".
Momma's Meatloaf is a classic meatloaf that has the best flavor ever! This meatloaf recipe is easy to make, holds together, and has the best glaze on top! To help your meatloaf stay together add things in like eggs and bread crumbs because they are key ingredients that bind meat stick together. You can have Not your mom's meatloaf using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Not your mom's meatloaf
- Prepare 3 of carrots diced.
- Prepare 1 pound of grass fed, organic lean ground beef.
- You need 1 pound of organic lean ground turkey.
- It’s 1 can of low sodium diced or crushed tomatoes.
- It’s 1 of onion, diced.
- You need 1 of bell pepper (green, red or yellow) diced.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of whole oats.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of sea salt.
- You need 2 cups of cooked lentils.
Meatloaf is a classic staple on American dinner tables. But when Thunder Bay Grille takes on the dish, it's anything but ordinary! Joining us to cook up their Hickory Smoked Bison Meatloaf is Chef Mike Stigler Thanksgiving is right around the corner! If you want to skip the all the cooking and cleaning.
Not your mom's meatloaf instructions
- Place diced carrots in a pot of boiling water for 3 to 5 minutes to soften them while you are mixing other ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Line a 13 x 9" baking dish with parchment paper Place another piece of parchment paper on the counter.
- Mix all other ingredients in a large bowl. It is best to do this with clean bare hands to make sure it is mixed well.
- When carrots are lightly steamed, drain and add to mixture.
- Remove mixture from bowl emplace onto the extra piece of parchment paper. Divide mixture in half, forming 2 loaves.
- Place one loaf on baking dish, and cook for one hour.
- Wrap other loaf with parchment paper then wrap with plastic wrap or foil, and freeze for another day.
This recipe is sure to revive meatloaf tastebuds of america. Acme's Mississippi Meatloaf has lots of bread crumbs to make it soft, a hint of sweetness from ketchup, a touch of fire from hot sauce and a bit of mystery from Old Bay seasoning. The vegetables — onions and green pepper — are built right in. There's a choice of sauces, like creamy gravy or Creole, but it's. Meatloaf is a classic staple on American dinner tables.