Easy southern girl Meat Loaf.
You can have Easy southern girl Meat Loaf using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy southern girl Meat Loaf
- You need 2-3 lbs of mince meat of your choice, or mix it up with what ever meats you like. I use venison and weed or wild hog.
- Prepare 1 of yellow onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic, crushed, then minced.
- You need 1 cup of Italian bread crumbs.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of black pepper, or less if your not a fan.
- You need 2 tablespoons of Tony Chachere's.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Worcester sauce.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2-3/4 cup of ketchup (don't want it too wet).
Easy southern girl Meat Loaf instructions
- In a large mixing bowl lace your thawed meat. Add all your ingredients. Mix it up, this is the messy part..
- Once you have everything mixed real good, get a 13 x 9 baking pan and spray with non-stick spray..
- Get 8 strips of thick cut bacon, I use smoked, but use what you like, and place long ways across the middle of your baking pan so that it's hanging off the sides..
- Next, mold you meat into a large ball you can hold in your hands and it is not falling apart. Place the ball into the middle of the layer out bacon and mold into an oblong or squared shape. You don't want it too thick or it will take a long time to cook. I like it to be no more than the height of my pinky finger. Hey! I am a southern girl, what do you want? Me to actually use a measuring cup? Lol!.
- Next, fold bacon over the loaf in any pattern you like and secure with toothpicks..
- Place your masterpiece in a preheated 375 degree oven for 90 min or so until it's done. Cooking time varies with the thickness of the loaf, so keep an eye on it..