Stewed chicken thighs with mashed potatoes. Cut each potato lengthwise in half and scoop potato from skin into same bowl; discard skin. Place the potatoes in a large saucepan; cover with cold water. This chicken dish uses distinctive Hungarian ingredients, including paprika and sour cream, for a creamy stew served with mashed potatoes.
Lay the chicken thighs out flat on a work surface. Drain potatoes and return to the pot. Use a potato masher or large fork to mash the potatoes. You can cook Stewed chicken thighs with mashed potatoes using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Stewed chicken thighs with mashed potatoes
- Prepare 6 of large potatoes.
- Prepare 1 of eggplant.
- You need 1 of zucchini squash.
- You need 1 of onion.
- It’s 200 g of baby carrots.
- It’s 1 pack of boneless chicken thighs.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of whole milk.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
Remove rosemary sprig from milk mixture and discard. Hearty and delicious, this stewed chicken and potatoes in fish sauce is the perfect pairing for piping hot steamed rice. Easy to make in an hour! I use bone-in chicken in the recipe, but feel free to swap boneless chicken thigh or breast to cut cooking time.
Stewed chicken thighs with mashed potatoes instructions
- Cook potatoes in salted water and once cooked add butter, whole milk and mix very good..
- Chop onion, and cut zucchini and eggplant to cubes. Add all veggies and sauté in pan for about 15 minutes. Add chicken thighs and tomato paste and cook (simmer) for another 45 minutes (with the lid)..
- Serve with avocado and enjoy..
Stewed Chicken With Potatoes And CarrotsFood From Portugal. I find chicken thighs and chicken legs best for instant pot chicken stew. Add chicken pieces (thighs and legs with skin on) into the pot along with onions, tomatoes, potatoes, carrots, celery stalks, garlic, salt and pepper, bay. Chicken thighs cook quickly in the Instant Pot, and turn out juicy and tender. While you can start with loose vegetables, bagged, washed, and pre-cut vegetables will save you time.