Crunchy rounds with potatoes and cabbage. Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water. It would cook quicker (as is, my cabbage was a *tad* crunchy – and I even cooked it longer than directed) and incorporate MUCH better with the potatoes. Fried cabbage and potatoes may be an Irish-inspired dish, but don't wait until St.
Recipe: Crunchy Cabbage & Peanut Slaw. This deceptively simple mix of cabbage, peanuts, and rice vinegar with oil is one of the easiest ways to round out a meal. Potatoes and cabbage have been sustenance foods in Ireland for ages. You can cook Crunchy rounds with potatoes and cabbage using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crunchy rounds with potatoes and cabbage
- You need 2 cups of wheat flour.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of salt.
- It’s of Barbaque spice(2).
- You need of Sufficient melted butter.
- You need of Chopped potatoes and cabbage.
Potatoes, cabbage and onions, simply seasoned and smothered down in broth with a spicy andouille sausage, is definitely a favorite in the Deep South. Colcannon, a traditional Irish dish of mashed potatoes with cabbage. It is very tasty and makes a wonderful side dish eaten with bacon, ham, or corned I prepared Soda Bread and Corned Beef and Cabbage as I have done so for the past several years. Cabbage and potatoes come together in a skillet braised-style cooking to lend exceptional flavour to these humble inexpensive vegetables.
Crunchy rounds with potatoes and cabbage step by step
- Add the flour, spices, salt to the bowl and mix..
- Then add the chopped potatoes and cabbage to the bowl and mix..
- Add melted butter and mix adding a little bit of water to form a thick dough..
- Divide the dough into small balls and flatten them.then fry them in oil..
- Then enjoy with a cup of coffee..
The best meals are often the simplest ones. In the Mauritian language, which is the Mauritian Creole, this preparation is called "touffer lisou" (or "lichou". Then add the potatoes, cabbage and salt. Sweet potatoes are thinly sliced, gently salted, and then covered with a light layer of fat. Roasting them for about fifteen minutes makes them crunchy on the But have you ever noticed the wide variety of sweet potatoes?