Taro and sweet potato congee (dessert). Sweet Potato Congee is a Hokkien staple consisting of plain rice porridge and tender sweet potatoes. Usually eaten with side dishes and condiments. This will often tint the congee yellow.
The Orange Sweet Potato Tapioca Balls add some chewy texture to this yummy and nutritious dessert. I've referred to your website many times for dinner ideas ❤️ I love Chinese desserts and I'm so glad you posted this as taro and sweet potato balls are my favourite! No one will see this dessert coming. You can cook Taro and sweet potato congee (dessert) using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Taro and sweet potato congee (dessert)
- It’s 1/2 of large taro diced into big chunks and steam for 10 minute.
- You need of Fresh coconut milk of 1 coconut (milk it to app. 1.5 litre).
- Prepare of Panda leaves for fragrant.
- It’s 1 of cob of corn dettach from cob.
- Prepare of Tapioka pearls (cooked).
- You need of Purple sweet potato diced.
- Prepare of Sweet potato (yellow) diced.
- You need of Castor sugar enough for sweetness.
A sweet potato pie to accompany your sweet potato casserole at Thanksgiving. This Yam/Taro congee is my mom's friend's recipe. She is such a good cook and this congee is one of my favorite recipes from her. If you've been following me for a while, you know I'm a hopeless carb addict (because I love roots, tubers, noodles, pasta, rice, bread, seriously..
Taro and sweet potato congee (dessert) step by step
- Bring your pandan and coconut milk to boil on a low heat, (keep stirring to avoid your coconut milk fat from separate from the liquid). Add the purple sweet potato and yellow potato cook until soft. Keep stirring..
- Add the taro chunks, corn and sugar (taste it look for sweet creamy taste) and tapioka pearls cook until soft congee consistency. Put the heat off when it's done..
- Serve while it's hot or put ice cubes before you serve (i like mine in the fridge before i eat them)..
- Tips : you can subtitute your tapioka pearls with chia pudding. Just add it on the final step after the heat is off, stir to combine..
Try butter-roasted sweet potatoes; sweet potato salad; twice-baked sweet potatoes or simply dice and roast in the oven for an easy side dish. Taro can irritate your skin so wear gloves if you are sensitive, or just wash your hands after cutting it. Taro is slightly sweet and once cooked has a pasty. Turn nutrient-rich sweet potatoes into a satisfyingly sweet dessert! Just bake and stuff with your favorite toppings.