Domino potatoes with a twist. Hasselback potatoes are a fun way to cook a potato. They have domino-like slots that are perfect for filling with delicious things like pepperoni, sauce Fill each slot with a slice of pepperoni. Top each potato with pizza sauce and mozzarella.
Peel the potatoes, trim to rough rectangles, then use a mandolin or knife to slice as thinly as possible. Fan out four stacks of potatoes on some baking parchment on a baking tray so they are in a line. Peel potatoes and trim ends (do not rinse). You can cook Domino potatoes with a twist using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Domino potatoes with a twist
- Prepare 5 of normal size potatoes.
- It’s 100 ml of heavy cream.
- It’s 100 g of smoked cheese.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of mixed spices.
- It’s 6 of bay leaves.
Andrew just celebrated his sixth birthday last week, and like many little boys, he's obsessed with Star Wars. To make this version of potato gratin, the potatoes are first cut into neat blocks before cutting into thin slices with a mandoline (or sharp chef's knife), then layered in the casserole dish in an overlapping fashion—or as if they were fallen dominoes, as the name "Domino" potatoes. Mashed Potatoes With a Twist: Everyone likes mashed potatoes, but after a time it can get boring. You can definitely surprise your Thanksgiving guests with this recipe.
Domino potatoes with a twist step by step
- Slice the peeled potatoes really thin and organise them well in the glass pan, put bay leaves between the potatoes.
- Mix the heavy cream with the spice mix (any mixed spices work),and pour it on the potatoes.Put slices of smoked cheese between the potatoes.
- My spice mix consist of indian, french, mexican etc spice mixes, but any mix will work well.
- Put the potatoe in the oven for 1 hour, on grade 3 or 4 in gas oven or 200 degrees celsius in electric. After one hour put the oven to grade 6 to make the top crispy.
Prepare an almost classic mashed potatoes, mix the potatoes with the butter, the egg yolks and a teaspoon of salt. These Insta-worthy potatoes serve four people, so they're great if you're hosting a small Thanksgiving dinner. Better yet, you can make them year-round! Like the ideas to layer onions underneath potatoes, and to try with sweet potatoes. Spicy Thai Meatballs with Apricot Dipping Sauce: Little pork or lamb appetizers with an Asian twist and a sweet-tart sauce for dipping!