Cheesy ham & potatoes. This recipe is one of my family's favorites. The ham chowder is chock-full of potatoes, ham and carrots. I like to make this comforting ham potato corn chowder at least once or.
This is easy to adapt with other ingredients. I don't put celery in mine. I have added garlic sometimes as well. You can have Cheesy ham & potatoes using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cheesy ham & potatoes
- It’s 3 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1 of sm yellow onion, finely chopped.
- It’s 2 packages of cooked ham steaks.
- You need 3 tbs of AP flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of paprika.
- You need 1 1/2 c of milk.
- It’s to taste of Kosher salt & pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- Prepare 1/2 bag of little potatoes (i used the littlepotatocompany).
- You need 1 cup (1/2 bag) of your fav shredded cheese.
- It’s of Optional: crushed red pepper.
This easy and cheesy potato soup is made with ham. All Reviews for Cheesy Ham and Corn Chowder. Cinnamon was not a good addition to this chowder. May try it again with a plain ham steak in future.
Cheesy ham & potatoes step by step
- Preheat oven to 375. In med saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onions & let cook, stirring occasionally for about 4 minutes. While that is cooking, chop ham into small pieces..
- Sprinkle flour & paprika & let cook, stirring occasionally. While whisking, add milk. Bring to a simmer & whisk until thick. Stir in ham, salt, pepper & Italian seasoning..
- Cut potatoes in half, spread across a 8×8 or 9×9 pan. Sprinkle salt & pepper over potatoes. Spoon sauce over potatoes. *Optional: sprinkle crushed red pepper flakes.*.
- Sprinkle cheese over top. Put aluminum foil over pan & let cook for 40 min (to really get potatoes soft). Then remove aluminum foil & let cook 25 minutes. Let cool..
With onions, cheese and a dash of pepper, our Cheesy Ham Omelet is absolutely delicious. With potatoes, ham, cheese, scallions, and yummy spices, this soup is FULL of flavor! We also use leftovers for ham and bean soup, or cheesy ham chowder. This cheesy ham chowder is the most mouthwatering solution! Even if you don't have any leftover ham, it's perfect to make on a chilly weeknight.