Dee's Barbecue Meatloaf. Great recipe for Dee's Barbecue Meatloaf. This is my sister Dee-Dee's go-to meatloaf, her family's favorite for decades. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
Squeezing ground beef is an excellent way to get rid of tension, but it will also ruin the texture of the meatloaf. Resist the urge to over mix, and use just the tips of your fingers when you combine the ingredients. Two: Prepare a loaf pan or baking sheet with foil and set aside. You can have Dee's Barbecue Meatloaf using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Dee's Barbecue Meatloaf
- Prepare 1 1/3 lb. of Ground beef.
- Prepare 1 1/3 lb. of Ground pork.
- Prepare 2 of lg. Eggs.
- You need 2 T of dried minced onions.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/3 cup of barbecue sauce (+ 1/3 cup for top).
- You need 1 1/4 cup of Pepperidge Farm Herb Seasoned Stuffing mix **.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
Gently mix with hands and then add to a loaf pan or if using a baking sheet. FEATURED POST NEW RECIPE: White Bean Burger. The warm weather is FINALLY here in Michigan (and hopefully here to stay)! This means lots of grilling in the foreseeable future.
Dee's Barbecue Meatloaf step by step
- Before opening the stuffing mix, smash with a rolling pin so the bread cubes are crumbs..
- Preheat oven to 375°F..
- In large bowl, thoroughly mix together all ingredients (reserving 1/3 cup barbecue sauce). Best way to mix is with your clean (gloved) hands..
- Divide and shape into two loaves. Place in baking dish and cover with remaining barbecue sauce..
- Bake in preheated 375°F oven for 60-75 minutes. Transfer to serving platter or cutting board and allow to rest 10 minutes before slicing and serving..
And what better way to start off the grilling season than with some WHITE BEAN BURGERS!. No corners are cut to get this food to tender and juicy. Anyone that has been here more than once can attest to the fact that there is smoke in the air from very early in the morning until late in the evening. Uncle Dee was the kindest, most non-judgemental person I have ever known. All of his life Dee had a severe stutter.