Old fashioned meatloaf. This Southern meatloaf recipe features Creole and Greek seasonings and a hint of garlic. This old-fashioned meatloaf is baked with a topping of ketchup or BBQ sauce. Crushed saltines, onion, and bell pepper are among the ingredients.
For dinner tonight, try Paula Deen's Old-Fashioned Meatloaf recipe, a comforting Southern classic from Food Network. Not like we need another meatloaf recipe, but I figured I'd should post my Grandma's for people like me who like a quick easy meatloaf without a lot of fuss. Creole and Greek seasonings pack the meatloaf with flavor that the whole family will enjoy. You can have Old fashioned meatloaf using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Old fashioned meatloaf
- Prepare 2 lbs of 80/20 ground beef.
- You need 1 of sleeve crushed butter crackers, I used Ritz.
- It’s of I egg, beaten.
- It’s 1 of heaping tbsp minced onion.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of season salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of each onion and garlic powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ketchup.
- You need of Tangy ketchup mix:.
- You need 1/2 cup of ketchup.
- It’s 1 of heaping tbsp brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 of heaping tbsp soy sauce.
- You need to taste of Pepper, onion and garlic powders.
Reviews for: Photos of Old-Fashioned Meatloaf. Old-Fashioned Meatloaf. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Old Fashioned Meatloaf (Oven Recipe)Recipes That Crock. Meatloaf Saltine Crackers Onion Soup Mix Recipes.
Old fashioned meatloaf step by step
- Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl combine the meat with the next 8 ingredients. I use my clean hands to stir my meat mixture. I fold it over and over itself until it just fully combines. Don’t over mix it..
- In a glass baking dish shape your meat into an evenly shaped rectangle so it cooks evenly. My loaf usually rounds out a bit during baking. Slide it into the oven and bake uncovered 45 minutes..
- In the meantime, make your ketchup mixture. Combine all the ingredients and whisk. After 45 minutes, take the loaf out of the oven and spoon a heavy layer on top of the meatloaf to the edges. Bake 15-20 minutes longer, uncovered..
- Pull your meatloaf out of the oven and move it to a platter. Let it sit for about 5 minutes before slicing. I like extra sauce spooned over my slice..
Diced Green Tomatoes in Old Fashioned Meatloafcookingwithk.net. It's such a simple and classic meatloaf recipe. My whole family loves it when I make this for dinner. Meatloaf is something virtually all of us saw on the dinner table now and then growing up. It's just ground beef with a few spices but it's so much more than that too, it's comfort food.