Potato salad. Potato salad is a dish made from boiled potatoes and a variety of other ingredients. It is generally considered a side dish, as it usually accompanies the main course. Potato salad is widely believed to have originated in Germany, spreading widely throughout Europe and later to European colonies.
Rocky and Tyler Rapping Over "KNOCK KNOCK" By Monica and Missy Elliott: Produced by Kanye West. Potato salad is notorious for giving hapless picnickers a bout of food poisoning! It's not actually the mayo that goes bad (mayonnaise is acidic enough to prevent bacteria from growing), but rather the. You can cook Potato salad using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Potato salad
- Prepare 1 of # russet potatoes, peeled and cut to bite size pieces.
- You need 8 of eggs, hard boiled.
- Prepare 1/2 C of white onion, diced small.
- Prepare 1/2 C of & 2 Tbsp pickle relish, chopped small.
- Prepare 3/4 C of mayonnaise, real.
- It’s 1 1/2 Tbsp of yellow mustard.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt, 1 tsp pepper (add to taste).
- It’s of Smoked paprika, garnish.
- Prepare of Green onions, slivered for garnish.
Find easy recipes for hot German potato salad, creamy bacon potato salad, and more. Potato salad: the all-American summer side. Often seen at picnics and family reunions along with its cousin, coleslaw, mayonnaise is often one of the key ingredients. In addition to having creamy options.
Potato salad instructions
- Peel and dice the potatoes. Add water in a deep pot (enough to cover potatoes) and season with salt. Bring water to a boil and add the potatoes to the water. Boil for 9-11 minutes so potatoes are tender but still hold shape. You don't want them to get mushy. Drain potatoes. Put potatoes in the refrigerator until cold. Its helps them to keep their shape when stirring into the sauce..
- Boil and peel the eggs. Slice the eggs into small pieces and put them in a large bowl. Stir in the diced onion, relish, mayo and mustard. Stir in the cold potatoes until they are all coated in the sauce. Add S&P while mixing together..
- Place in a serving dish and garnish the top with paprika and green onion slivers. Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight before serving..
Best Potatoes for Southern Potato Salad. I am sure that you have seen many types of this favorite salad. Some have firm potatoes and other ingredients that I don't have in my recipe. This old-fashioned potato salad recipe doesn't have many ingredients, so it isn't as colorful as many that you find nowadays. But Mama made it the way her mother did, and that's the way I still make it.