Mom's Famous Meatloaf.
You can have Mom's Famous Meatloaf using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mom's Famous Meatloaf
- You need 2 lb of lean ground beef.
- Prepare 1 cup of breadcrumbs OR oats (the oats do not alter taste and add fiber).
- It’s 1 of egg.
- It’s 2 cup of ketchup.
- Prepare 1 cup of light brown sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of dry mustard.
- Prepare 1 envelope of Good Seasons Italian Dressing and Recipe Mix (in the salad dressing aisle in store).
Mom's Famous Meatloaf step by step
- Place 1/2 cup of ketchup and egg in a baking pan (about 9×11 sized, but at least 2 or 3 inches deep!)Mix with fork, then add one package of the Good Seasons Italian mix and stir with fork..
- Add one cup of breadcrumbs or oatmeal and stir with fork until the crumbs or oats are wet..
- Add beef to mixture, taking care to knead and squish with hands until mixture has been mixed in evenly with the ground beef..
- Shape meatloaf by pressing firmly with hands into the bottom of pan, until it takes up the whole baking pan and is flat on the top..
- *FOR THE SAUCE: In a small bowl, mix dry mustard, brown sugar, and 1 to 2 cups of ketchup, stirring until smooth. Amount of ketchup depends on how much sauce you want. We always opt for more sauce! Also, you can decrease the amount of brown sugar, if desired..
- Pour sauce on top of meatloaf, spreading into an even layer with a spoon..
- Place in oven, UNcovered, at 350°F farenheit, for one hour. Cut into pieces and serve!.
- *NOTE: If you do have leftovers, they make GREAT sandwiches! Just place cold pieces of meatloaf on bread slices with a tiny bit of mayonaise and enjoy!.