Old Fashioned Meatloaf.
You can have Old Fashioned Meatloaf using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Old Fashioned Meatloaf
- You need 1 of onion chopped.
- It’s 1 of carrot chopped fine.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic minced.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter or olive oil.
- It’s 2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of freshly ground black pepper.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1/3 cup of ketchup.
- It’s 2 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of fresh dry Italian bread crumbs.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of milk.
- It’s 2 of eggs slightly beaten.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of minced fresh parsley.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
Old Fashioned Meatloaf step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit.
- In a large skillet cook the onion, garlic, and carrot in the olive oil until soft..
- Stir in salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce and 1/3 cup ketchup and cook, stirring about 1 minute. Remove from heat and let cool..
- In a medium bowl combine well the bread crumbs, and milk. Let stand for 10-15 minutes until all the milk is absorbed. Squeeze out the excess milk after is been absorbed and discard the milk.
- In a large bowl combine the meat, the bread crumb mush, the cooked veggies, the beaten eggs, the Parmesan cheese and the parsley until well combined..
- In a shallow baking pan form the mixture into a 10×5 inch oval loaf. For the top I mix 2 tablespoons of yellow mustard and 2 tablespoons of ketchup in a small bowl and spread that over the top..
- Bake the meatloaf in oven 1 hour or until a meat thermometer inserted in center registers 155 Fahrenheit.