Bulgarian patatnik (potato dish). Patatnik (пататник) or patetnik is a traditional Bulgarian potato-based dish characteristic of the Rhodope Mountains. It is prepared with grated potatoes and onions, as well as spearmint. It is originally cooked over fire or a stove, but is nowadays also baked in an oven.
Patatnik is made of grated potatoes, onions, salt and a type of very mild mint called Gyosum in Bulgarian, all mixed and cooked on a slow fire. Some restaurants add sirene (white cheese) or eggs, but this is not traditional. Patatnik is a delicious Bulgarian dish made with potatoes, onions, eggs, salt and sprouts. You can cook Bulgarian patatnik (potato dish) using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bulgarian patatnik (potato dish)
- You need 5 of potatoes.
- Prepare 2 of onions.
- It’s 3 of eggs.
- You need to taste of Dried mint.
- Prepare To taste of salt.
- You need To taste of black pepper.
- It’s 1 table spoon of vegetable oil.
- You need of Butter.
- Prepare 2 of table spoons flour.
Those who love potatoes and eggs can easily enjoy and enjoy this meal. At Patatnik they grate the potatoes and combine them with onions, spices and eggs. This dish can be served with a variety of pickles and salads. Bulgarian Patatnik is a flavourful potato and cheese pie.
Bulgarian patatnik (potato dish) step by step
- Preheat oven to 450 F or (230C). Into a bowl, Grate onions and potatoes. Drain ALMOST all of their water out..
- Add salt, pepper, dried mint, vegetable oil and eggs. Mix well with hands..
- Use whatever pan you like round or square, grease it with butter and add the potato mixture to it and flatten it out. Add two table spoons of flour(distribute it evenly) on top and two slices of butter. Bake for 45 minutes..
It's warm and filling and utterly comforting, making a wonderful light lunch or suppertime side dish. (Skip to recipe.) This month for our Eat the World recipe challenge we travel east to one of the Balkan countries, the Republic of Bulgaria. Its eastern boundary is its coast on the. Patatnik is a traditional Bulgarian dish. It's come from the region of Rodopi mountain. There are variety of ways to prepare it.