German Potato Salad Batch 2. Bacon gives this warm German potato salad recipe a boost of flavor. The vinegar and sugar dressing on this salad has the perfect combination of salty I have been eating German Potato Salad almost all my many, many years. I've cooked many German Potato salads myself.
Serve it hot, warm, or cool at your next backyard Some recipes for German potato salad use butter or oil, but I find that the bacon provides plenty of richness all on its own. Add potatoes and bacon to the skillet; cook and stir gently over low heat until heated through. My mom use to make German Potato Salad. You can cook German Potato Salad Batch 2 using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of German Potato Salad Batch 2
- You need of For the boil.
- You need As needed of water to boil potatoes in.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 pound of new potatoes.
- It’s of Bacon.
- Prepare 4 slices of bacon.
- Prepare 1-1/2 tablespoon of ground Chicerones.
- Prepare 1 of small onion.
- Prepare of Deglaze and Spices.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of distilled white vinegar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of parsley flakes.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of sugar.
- It’s To taste of salt.
- You need To taste of ground white pepper.
I just might make them for this weekend. Pour bacon & grease over the potatoes. Stir thoroughly & serve at room temperature. MRS THEODORE (GLORIA) DOEDERLEIN From the , Fort Bliss Officers Wives Club, Ft.
German Potato Salad Batch 2 step by step
- Wash and cut the potatoes into 6-8 pieces each. Cover with water and add the teaspoon of salt. Boil till fork tender. Reserve some of the water..
- Fry the bacon till crispy. Remove from pan. Chop, and set aside..
- Dice the onion and sauté in the bacon drippings until translucent..
- Add the sugar, vinegar, potatoes and a bit of water, parsley, salt, and pepper. Add the Chicerones..
- Stir well till the Chicerones are incorporated in. Add the bacon coating all the bacon. Pour the dressing over the potatoes..
- Add a little potato water if too dry. Season with salt and pepper to taste if necessary. Serve I hope you enjoy!!.
German Potato Salad is tossed in a deliciously sweet and tangy mayo-free dressing with bacon You can either save some extra dressing to add just before serving, or make an extra batch. German Potato Salad is a great side dish for any sort of grilled meat. This week I served mine with my Glazed. Hot potatoes dressed in a warm bacon, mustard, and vinegar dressing are what make this traditional German potato salad a family favorite. I can taste the pucker now.