Meat loaf – Heirloom recipe. With this foolproof recipe from the Betty Crocker Cookbook, it's simple and fun to do. With this foolproof recipe from the Betty Crocker Cookbook, it's simple and fun to do. Next Video: Heirloom Recipe Original Chex Party Mix.
The Best Meatloaf Recipes on Yummly Vegan Chickpea "meatloaf", Easiest Beef Meatloaf, Bacon-wrapped Pork Which kind of meat would you like in the recipe? This recipe is an edited extract from Edible Heirlooms by Naomi Sherman (from naomishermanfoodcreative.com). You can cook Meat loaf – Heirloom recipe using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Meat loaf – Heirloom recipe
- Prepare 1 packages of ground meat loaf mixture of beef, pork and veal – prepackaged is over 1 lb..
- You need 1 of egg.
- You need 2 slice of whole wheat bread.
- You need 1/4 cup of seasoned bread crumbs.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of thyme.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of parsley & marjoram.
- You need 1 of BBQ or tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1 of milk.
This Southern meatloaf recipe features Creole and Greek seasonings and a hint of garlic. A few tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce spice up the. This meatloaf recipe is easy to make, holds together, and has the best glaze on top! Old-Fashioned Meatloaf. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.
Meat loaf – Heirloom recipe step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Take a 9" x 9" x 2" baking dish and add a drop of oil. Spread it around so it's a light coating. This prevents the meat from sticking to the bottom..
- In a large bowl add meat loaf blend..
- Wet bread with a little water and squeeze to remove excess water, break up and add to meat. If there's too much water, the bread will be too mushy to work with. Next add egg, herbs and seasoned bread crumbs..
- Mix very well to incorporate all ingredients. The mixture will be stiff. Add milk a splash at a time mixing well after each addition until the meat mixture feels soft and pliable..
- Form meat into a giant burger, place in pan and push in 2 opposite sides to form a flat loaf. As it bakes it will rise a bit..
- Spread a light coating of sweet BBQ sauce over top and sides. Here is where I broke with family tradition instead of using a rich rustico Italian sauce. However, you can use a tomato sauce for an Italian style meat loaf..
- Depending upon how much meat is in the package gives you your timetable for baking. The one pictured here was a 1.36 lb. meat loaf mixture. This one I baked for 68 minutes. The rule is about 1 hour per pound. I've always taken it out 5 minutes prior and let the meat rest for 5 minutes or so before slicing..
- Hint about meat thermometers. Meat loaf holds in moisture. Once you stick a thermometer in to check the temp then pull it out. All those lovely juices will come out too..
This fabulous meat loaf is moist, tender and colorful. Keep the fat content low in this recipe by using lean ground beef and refrigerated egg product. Variation: Use this Mediterranean Meat Loaf recipe as a base for the Mediterranean Meatballs. Meal prep a big batch of these flavorful meatballs, which. This old-fashioned meatloaf contains oatmeal, onion, and a little garlic.