Meat Loaf Roll Florentine.
You can cook Meat Loaf Roll Florentine using 13 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Meat Loaf Roll Florentine
- You need 1 lb of Ground Turkey.
- It’s 1/2 lb of Mild ground sausage.
- It’s 2 large of Egg.
- You need 3/4 of Sleeve Ritz Crackers.. Crushed.
- You need 1 tsp of Ground sage.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of Minced garlic.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of Italian Seasoning.
- You need 1 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Black pepper.
- It’s 1 lb of Fresh spinach.
- You need 2 tbsp of Butter.
- You need 1 medium of Onion, chopped.
- You need 4 oz of Pepper jack cheese.
Meat Loaf Roll Florentine step by step
- Add butter and onions to frying pan. Sweat onions on low heat until they begin to turn brown. Add spinach, cover and cook until nicely wilted. Put spinach in a colander in the sink to remove any water and to let cool. In a bowl, add meats, eggs, crushed Ritz, sage, Italian seasoning, salt & pepper. Mix thoroughly. Spoon the mixture on a long sheet of foil that has been sprayed with oil. Pat it out into a 10 X 8 Oblong. Layer the cheese evenly over the meat layer. Then layer the drained spinach evenly On top. Gently lift one side of the foil, keep lifting to roll the meat over the filling until the roll is complete. Pat the sides to make them an even thickness with the center. Pick up both sides of the foil and place in a loaf pan or small casserole dish ( seam side of the mea should rest on the bottom of the pan). Cut off excess foil but leave enough so that you can lift you loaf out of the pan. Bake in the center of the oven for 45 min @ 350 or until just cooked through..
- This recipe can be changed by using different meats and cheeses. I use whole wheat Ritz. Breadcrumbs would be a perfectly good substitution for the crackers as well..