Garlic Mashed Potatoes. Reviews for: Photos of Garlic Mashed Potatoes. Garlic Mashed Potatoes. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. These Garlic Mashed Potatoes made with roasted garlic and Yukon Gold potatoes are amazing in every way.
Mash and add the garlic-cream mixture and Parmesan; stir to combine. These creamy Garlic Mashed Potatoes are so much lighter than traditional mashed potatoes, and taste so darn good! The perfect side dish at any holiday. You can cook Garlic Mashed Potatoes using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- You need 5 lbs of potatoes.
- Prepare 2 sticks of butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of roasted garlic puree (see my recipe for this ingredient).
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream.
These creamy garlic mashed potatoes are so good, you can serve them plain—no butter or gravy is needed. This is one of our favorite red potato recipes. —Valerie Mitchell, Olathe, Kansas. Garlic mashed potatoes are a delicious side dish that pair well with seafood, poultry or beef. Chef Jason Hill shows you how to make a garlic mashed.
Garlic Mashed Potatoes instructions
- Rinse potatoes well. (Very important step).
- Cut potatoes into small chunks and place into large pot. (Hint: you can peel your potatoes before cutting them for a smoother texture, but I prefer to keep the skins for a more rugged, manly batch of mashed potatoes).
- Fill with water and bring to a boil. Continue to boil until potatoes are fork-tender (about 15-20 min depending on the size of your chunks).
- Drain water and return potato chunks to pot..
- Use a potato masher to break chunks down into a mushy consistency..
- Incorporate butter until it is melted and no longer visible.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well..
My favorite type of mashed potatoes is garlic (and lots of it!) and I like mine rather chunky. I can eat the smooth kind but I like the chunkiness in my mashed potatoes. You probably don't really need me. These simple garlic mashed potatoes are made with lots of garlic, milk, and butter. Use lower fat milk to cut calories a bit or use half-and-half for a richer mash.