My classic meatloaf. Find out why the whole family will love this classic meatloaf! Meatloaf is an old-school recipe that everyone should know how to make. Here are the Delish Test Meatloaf tends to look done on the outside before it's actually ready.
This classic meatloaf recipe is my families favorite meatloaf recipe. It's made with oatmeal, without My husband is forever requesting this classic meatloaf, and I don't mind because it's easy to make. Classic Meatloaf. back to all recipes. You can have My classic meatloaf using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of My classic meatloaf
- Prepare 3/4 cup of quick oats.
- It’s 3/4 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need of 1/2 cup chopped onion.
- You need of 1 1/4 tsp salt.
- It’s of 1/4 tsp pepper.
- You need of 1/3 cup ketchup.
- You need of 2 tblsps brown sugar.
- You need of 1 tblsp mustard.
- It’s of slices Bacon.
This Classic Meatloaf recipe was my dad's claim to fame, at least in our house! It's tender and juicy and has a uniquely delicious flavor. The brown sugar and ketchup glaze just puts this meatloaf over. Classic Meatloaf – The last meatloaf recipe you'll ever need!
My classic meatloaf step by step
- Preheat oven to 350’..
- Combine ground beef, oats,milk,egg,onion,salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Mix until well incorporated..
- Transfer to large loaf pan or cake pan and form a loaf. (If u want bacon wrapped meatloaf put slices of bacon on top in a row to cover meatloaf.).
- Mix ketchup brown sugar and mustard together.. pour over meatloaf..
- Bake at 350’ for 1 hour 20 minutes.. serve..
So my daughter calls me up the other day and goes "Mom, would you happen to have a recipe for a Classic Meatloaf? This recipe is a version that Alton Brown did on Good Eats. I've added a few extra ingredients, like mushrooms, which I believe helps make a very moist meatloaf. My nephews love meatloaf and always ask me to make it. To get them to eat more veggies though I like Classic Meatloaf. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.