Leftovers Makeover: Mashed Potato Fritters.
You can cook Leftovers Makeover: Mashed Potato Fritters using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Leftovers Makeover: Mashed Potato Fritters
- It’s of For the fritters:.
- It’s 2 cups of mashed potatoes (firmly packed).
- Prepare 1/3 cup of flour for the fritters.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- Prepare 1/2-2/3 cup of grated cheese (such as Cheddar, Jack, Mozzarella, Colby Jack).
- You need 1 of large green onion, chopped (white parts, too).
- You need of For frying:.
- You need 2 cups of oil.
Leftovers Makeover: Mashed Potato Fritters step by step
- Put all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. (Try to sprinkle the salt evenly over the entire surface area of the mashed potatoes so you don't accidentally get a super salty bite.).
- Get in with your hands (or a wooden spoon or spatula if you're not a handsy person) and mix everything thoroughly..
- Preheat oil in a pan to somewhere between 350F and 375F. If you don't have a thermometer, you can sprinkle some flour into the oil and if it starts to gently sizzle right away, your oil's ready..
- Gently drop batter into the oil by spoonfuls. I like to take two silverware tablespoons and make them in a quenelle shape..
- Fry for 6 to 8 minutes until they're a dark golden brown, turning two or three times during the process to make sure all sides get cooked evenly..
- Blot the oil from the fritters on a paper towel, paper bag, or tempura paper, and enjoy!.