Lauren's Mashed Potatoes. This Mashed Potatoes Recipe is smooth, silky and so creamy! Mashed potatoes are delicious on their own or are a perfect side dish for dinner. Using a wooden spoon, mix everything together and season well.
Cut potatoes, boil potatoes, drain potatoes, mash potatoes, mix in dairy and any extra ingredients. But, it's important to know how to make mashed potatoes exactly the way you like them. Great mashed potatoes are such an important part of every holiday meal, and they go well with grilled steak and pot roast, too. You can cook Lauren's Mashed Potatoes using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lauren's Mashed Potatoes
- You need 6-7 of red potatoes (cut how you like them)–> I leave skins on.
- You need of Water.
- Prepare 1-2 of chicken bullion cube.
- You need of Small yellow onion (diced).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt (I use Pink Himalayan).
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of black pepper or more to taste.
- You need 2 sticks of salted butter.
- It’s 1 cup of milk.
And garlic mashed potatoes, whether they are served on Thanksgiving or not, are a delicious, homey side. Put the cut potatoes into a large pot, cover them with cold water, and add a large pinch of salt. Mashed potato (British English) or mashed potatoes (American English and Canadian English), colloquially known as mash (British English), is a dish prepared by mashing boiled potatoes. Mashed potatoes may be a homegrown dish, but good restaurant chefs can elevate them to a star-worthy experience.
Lauren's Mashed Potatoes step by step
- Scrub and rinse your potatoes..
- Boil water in pot. Add potatoes and add a dash of salt, onion and chicken bullion cube. Remember add just enough water so that the potatoes are covered..
- Let the potatoes boil..
- Check with a fork to see if they're done. If they're done drain them..
- In a separate pan add your 2 sticks of butter and your 1 cup of milk let it boil..
- Put potatoes back in pot and in four increments pour your butter and milk mixture in your potatoes. Mash=pour, mash=pour, mash=pour, mash=pour. Keep mashing until desired consistency..
- Now add your garlic powder. Add more salt and black pepper till your taste buds are satisfied..
- Stir and ENJOY!!!.
Most peel the potatoes in pursuit of the fluffiest, creamiest cloud of buttery. Mashed potatoes should be so good they don't even need a drizzle of gravy. That means they need to be light and fluffy, creamy and rich, and decadently buttery. For so many of us, Thanksgiving just isn't. Horseradish Mashed Potatoes from Delish.com is the perfect side dish to your holiday meal.