HawgDaddy's Meat Loaf.
You can have HawgDaddy's Meat Loaf using 13 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of HawgDaddy's Meat Loaf
- You need 3 lb of ground beef,chuck or round.
- Prepare 1 lb of Johnsonvlle Sweet Italian Sausage.
- Prepare of 10-15 Slices thick bacon depending on size of meatloaf.
- It’s 1 of onion diced (optional).
- It’s 1 of bell pepper (optional).
- Prepare 1 of jalapeno pepper diced (optional).
- You need 1 packages of Lipton onion soup mix.
- Prepare 2 of eggs slightly beaten.
- You need 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- It’s 1 of salt to taste.
- It’s 1 of pepper to taste.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of bread crumbs.
- You need 1/4 cup of bbq sauce.
HawgDaddy's Meat Loaf step by step
- Combine ground meat and sausage to loosely mix.
- Add preferred amount of onion, bell pepper and jalapeno. May omit onion if using onion soup mix. Loosely mix.
- Mix in onion soup mix (this makes it awesome!) and add eggs.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Add bbq sauce and mix in..
- Add 1/4 cup of the bread crumbs and combine. If needed, add more to dry up a little..
- Put in loaf pan or shape in appropriate size on lined cookie sheet.
- After shaping, form a "V" lengthwise in loaf. Put in up to 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese and fold sides around to close.
- After adding cheese, lay out bacon on a sheet or cutting board slightly overlapping. Lay meatloaf over the top 1/3 of bacon and roll downward to cover meatloaf turning ends. Place meatloaf on cooking sheet..
- Cook at 375 for one hour or until internal temp reaches 170-175 degrees.
- During last 15 minutes, top with bbq sauce and sprinkle with more cheddar cheese.
- Allow to sit for up to 10 minutes before cutting for redistribution of juices.