Meatloaf and Potatoes. Spread potatoes evenly around the meatloaf on the sheet pan. Test potatoes for doneness and return to oven if needed while meatloaf rests. A delicious homestyle dinner, Instant Pot Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes are cooked at the same time in your electric pressure cooker.
Add some thick-sliced carrots to the slow cooker along with the potatoes if you would like, or add extra onions, or. Add cooked potatoes and mash with a potato masher. Season with salt and pepper. do NOT make your mashed potatoes this way. mine came out sticky and lumpy and undercooked. the meatloaf. You can cook Meatloaf and Potatoes using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Meatloaf and Potatoes
- Prepare 2 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 2 large of eggs.
- It’s 1 cup of oatmeal.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of oregano.
- It’s 1 tbsp of basil.
- You need 1 tbsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 packages of onion soup mix (try lipton beefy onion).
- Prepare 1/2 large of onion, diced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 6 large of potatoes, cubed.
Tips for Instant Pot Meatloaf and potatoes: Depending on the thickness of your meatloaf, the time Wrap sides of the foil up along the edges loosely to cradle the meat. The meatloaf was tender and potatoes always come out amazing! It's my favorite way to make Mashed Potatoes too! And speaking of comfort Creamy Mac and Cheese is the bomb made in this!
Meatloaf and Potatoes step by step
- Loosely mix all ingredients, except potatoes, in a large bowl until the meat is well coated with egg..
- Use a large glass or metal lasagna size pan, about 9"x13", or something that fits a two pound loaf with a ring of potatoes around it..
- Pack the meat into a loaf and leave about three inches for the cubed potatoes to fit around it..
- It is optional, but wrap a tin foil piece around the top to keep moisture in the meat loaf..
- Bake in the oven at 350°F for about 40 minutes and up to an hour depending on the oven..
- Check the meat after forty minutes to see if it is pink. Keep cooking and check to see if done in about fifteen minutes or less..
- The potatoes need to allow a fork to pierce them and not to be too mushy or too hard to eat..
- The potatoes will generally take the same amount of time as the meat..
Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes – Meatloaf with Mashed Potatoes. For the mashed potatoes: Rinse the potatoes and cook in a pot of boiling salted water until tender but not falling apart. The potatoes are creamy while the beef is juicy and tender. How to make Instant Pot Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes? This is one of the easiest comfort food to make with the help of the pressure cooker.