Skillet Meatloaf & Potatoes.
You can have Skillet Meatloaf & Potatoes using 20 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Skillet Meatloaf & Potatoes
- Prepare 8 of red potatoes.
- You need 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 2 tbsp of Italian seasoning.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cayenne.
- You need 2 clove of garlic.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 1/4 cup of ketchup.
- It’s 1/4 cup of bread crumbs.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- It’s 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 3 of vidalia onions (or 3 small sweet onions).
- You need 1/2 tsp of thyme.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of rosemary.
- You need 1/2 of oregano.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of basil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 1/4 cup of red wine.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
Skillet Meatloaf & Potatoes instructions
- Cube potatoes into bite-size pieces. In a medium bowl, mix potatoes with olive oil, italian seasoning, cayenne, garlic cloves, and a pinch of salt. Cook in a large skillet on medium heat while preparing other ingredients. Cook 10 minutes before browning meat..
- Brown beef in a large skillet..
- Add ketchup, bread crumbs, egg, brown sugar, 1 onion (diced), thyme, rosemary, oregano, basil, garlic powder, and bay leaf. Stir and let cook about 5 minutes..
- Quarter the remaining onions and add to the pan with potatoes. Add more extra virgin olive oil if necessary..
- Add red wine to the beef mixture, and cook about 1 minute; combine beef with the potatoes, and add salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat and discard the bay leaf. Stir in cheese until slightly melted. Serve over french bread..