You can cook Homestyle Meatloaf using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Homestyle Meatloaf
- You need of Meatloaf Ingredients.
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 2 cup of soft bread crumbs (or 2/3 cup dry bread crumbs).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of onion, finely chopped.
- You need 2 medium of eggs.
- It’s 3/4 cup of milk.
- It’s 2 tbsp of parsley, dried.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sage, dried (can use basil or oregano).
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 dash of ground black pepper.
- You need of Topping Ingredients.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of ketchup.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of brown sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of dry mustard, ground.
Homestyle Meatloaf step by step
- Preheat oven to 350..
- Combine eggs and milk in a large bowl and mix well..
- Stir in bread crumbs, onion, parsley, sage (or whatever herb you choose), salt, and pepper..
- Add ground beef and mix well (get dirty and use your CLEAN hands)..
- Pat mixture into a meatloaf pan (8x4x2) and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes..
- Meanwhile, combine ketchup, brown sugar, and dry mustard in a small bowl and mix well..
- When meatloaf is done, spoon off fat. Personally, I drain as much fat as possible, turn my meatloaf pan over onto a baking sheet, and then pull it off so it is freestanding (all of which is kind of tricky)..
- Spread the topping on top of the meatloaf and bake for another 10 minutes..
- Let stand for 5-10 minutes and then serve..