Leeks and Potatoes. Leek and Potato Soup is a thick and creamy classic French Potato Soup that starts with garlic butter in which leeks are slowly sautéed to bring out the sweet flavour. It's simple to make, cosy and. Add the leeks to the potatoes, and using the same pan in which you cooked the leeks, scrape up the brown bits at the bottom of the pan with a mix of cream, garlic, thyme and nutmeg, pouring that over.
Roasted Potatoes and Leeks is a wonderful easy side dish to make. You can make these easily with very little preparation. This simple side dish is the perfect accompaniment to a steak, pork. You can have Leeks and Potatoes using 25 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Leeks and Potatoes
- You need of Meat and vegetables.
- You need 2 of large leeks.
- Prepare 2 of large carrots.
- Prepare 1 pound of potatoes.
- It’s 1 pound of chicken breast boneless and skinless.
- You need 2 quart of water.
- You need of Precooked extras.
- It’s 2 cups of macaroni and cheese see my recipe.
- It’s 2 cups of mashed potatoes see my recipe.
- You need of Spices.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of mustard powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- Prepare As needed of salt and ground black pepper.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of parsley flakes.
- It’s of Meatballs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- You need 2/3 pound of ground sirloin.
- It’s To taste of salt and pepper.
- You need of Thickener and frying.
- You need 1/4 cup of oil to shallow fry in.
- It’s 1/2 stick of butter.
- You need 1/4 cup of flour.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- Prepare To taste of salt.
I like to combine potatoes and extra veggies when roasting potatoes. The starchy vegetable needs a little extra aroma on the pan. Potatoes and leeks come together deliciously in this classic pairing. Scatter one-quarter of leeks over potatoes.
Leeks and Potatoes instructions
- Boil the chicken in water. Slice the carrots and leeks on a bias. Cut the chicken, when done, into manageable pieces and add back to the water..
- Add the leeks and carrots, then add the spices. Stir well..
- Simmer covered and slice the potatoes and fry them. Fry till just turning golden brown remove from the oil. Put on a paper towel to absorb excessive amounts of oil. Season with a little salt..
- Mix the ground sirloin with the salt and pepper. Add in the cheese and mix well. Make little meatballs and fry till crispy on the outside..
- Turn as needed I did 2 batches. When crispy add right in to the leeks..
- When all the meatballs are in add the fried potatoes. Simmer covered 20 minutes. Add the mashed potatoes and macaroni and cheese. Stir well..
- Add salt and pepper to the butter and melt in the microwave. Stir in the flour and olive oil..
- Pour this thickener into the leeks and cook. Stirring constantly till thickened and the flour has cooked for about 10-12 minutes. Let rest 15 minutes give it a good stir and serve. I hope you enjoy!!!.
Fold edges of dough over filling, tucking and overlapping slightly as needed. Repeat with remaining dough, goat cheese mixture, chopped dill, potatoes. Jacques says, "Leeks and potatoes are commonly made into creamy vichyssoise. For Parisian potage, the leeks and potatoes are cut into very small pieces, stewed in a little butter for a couple of minutes. Then toss the potatoes lightly, and scatter the leeks over the baking sheet.