Copycat KFC potato wedges. KFC Potato Wedges are a total guilty pleasure of mine. Even when I'm not craving my favorite KFC Original Recipe Chicken I sometimes just go through the drive through ONLY for these wedges. How to make KFC potato wedges at home with this easy copycat recipe.
Learn how to make copycat KFC Potato Wedges at home. It's so easy to make these famous potato wedges from KFC. This was originally posted on my blog at. You can cook Copycat KFC potato wedges using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Copycat KFC potato wedges
- It’s 6-8 of potatoes washed, scrubbed and cut into wedges.
- It’s 2 cups of flour.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 2 cups of milk.
- You need 1 teaspoon of pepper.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of paprika.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of seasoning salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of onion powder.
Russet potatoes are perfectly fine all-purpose potatoes that have a delicate taste that work well in most dishes. Lets jump right into how to make these with the best ingredients that produce copycat results. You'll soon know how to make fried potato wedges the KFC way. My copycat recipe for KFC's seasoned fried potato wedges.
Copycat KFC potato wedges step by step
- Milk eggs and milk and let your potato wedges soak for 10-15 mjnutes in it. Heat oil to 375..
- Mix dry ingredients in large bowl. Toss wedges in flour spice mixture..
- Fry 4 minutes then remove and lay on wire rack for 5 minutes or until all your batches have been fried for 4 minutes then return to oil for 6-8 more minutes or until crispy golden brown..
- Great dipped in ketchup or topped with nacho cheese, shredded Colby jack, sour cream, ranch green onion slices and bacon bits to make them fully loaded wedges. You could top them with bbq pulled chicken or pork, purple onion slices and nacho cheese and make them a meal themselves. I served mine with homemade buffalo chicken sliders and deviled eggs. See my recipes.
SEAL firmly and shake potato wedges in all motions to thoroughly coat; PLACE coated pieces on a paper-towel lined plate until all wedges are breaded; ALLOW potatoes to rest a few minutes, to absorb breading. These Copycat KFC Potato Wedges are made in the Air Fryer! They are perfectly seasoned and the perfect side dish to your favorite meal. I've provided full step by step instructions so you can make a healthier version of these copycat KFC fries. What sets these potatoes apart from all the others is the secret breading made with a similar seasoning blend as the Original Fried Chicken.