G. Grandmas Potato Soup.
You can cook G. Grandmas Potato Soup using 8 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of G. Grandmas Potato Soup
- It’s 6 of medium russet potatoes.
- Prepare 1 of big yellow onion.
- It’s 1 of Ham Steak.
- It’s 2-3 of eggs (optional).
- Prepare of Milk.
- It’s of Lots of salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- You need of Lots of flour.
G. Grandmas Potato Soup step by step
- Here we go. Read the WHOLE recipe and gather your ingredients..
- Peel and cut potatoes into 1/2” cubes.
- Put in big pot and just cover with water. Cook until partially tender..
- While potatoes are cooking Chop onions and ham steak. And sauté in separate pan until onions are translucent. Set aside..
- When potatoes are semi-done add milk. You add 1/2 as much milk as there is water. It loooooooks like a lot. And it is..
- Add salt and pepper. Lots. Really. You will probably need to add more later too..
- Add cooked onions and ham. Bring to low boil..
- While waiting for it to boil make rivlets aka dumplings. The soup is not the same without them so don’t skip this step..
- Make rivlets by whisking 2 eggs together and then adding flour. So start with 100 grams and then keeping adding flour until the mixture comes together. It’s not too wet or too dry. I know those are awful directions but that’s what we do. As a rule it’s 100 grams of flour per egg but use your best judgement. I don’t really think you can screw them up..
- Once the soup is boiling add rivlets by using the two teaspoon method. Put some dough on a teaspoon and slide it off into the soup with the other teaspoon. Not too big. They should be about the size of a big marble..
- Cook for about ten minutes until the rivlets are cooked through. The soup should start getting thicker now because the rivlets start absorbing the broth..
- Taste and add salt and pepper if needed. It should have a bit of peppery flavor..
- If you want the soup thicker then thicken with a flour slurry..
- We add cheese and scallions on the top of the bowl when eating..
- Good luck and tell me how it goes. Remember be happy while your cooking and it’ll make your food taste better..