Momma's Best Meatloaf.
You can cook Momma's Best Meatloaf using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Momma's Best Meatloaf
- It’s 1 packages of Ritz crackers.
- It’s 1 lb of ground lean beef.
- You need 1/2 of Bell pepper, chopped.
- You need 1/2 of onion, diced.
- You need 1 can of Diced tomatoes, drained.
- It’s 1 of salt & pepper to taste.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- You need 2 tsp of mustard.
Momma's Best Meatloaf instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°..
- In a large mixing bowl, crush crackers with a potato masher..
- Add beef and stir..
- Add bell pepper, onion, & tomato. Stir..
- Add salt, pepper, eggs, & mustard. Mix well..
- Shape mixture into a loaf pan or 3-4 quart dish & cover with foil..
- Cook at 350° for 1 hour or until well done. (IMPORTANT: To avoid a dirty oven, make sure there is a cookie sheet or tray underneath to catch overflowing grease.).
- For extra taste, take out 10 minutes early and spread ketchup, tomato sauce (my favorite), or diced tomatoes on top. Or see sweet topping below. Return to oven for 10-15 minutes..
- Sweet topping: Combine 1-1/2 tbsp brown sugar, 1-1/2 tbsp yellow mustard, 1/4 cup ketchup..