Simple meat loaf.
You can have Simple meat loaf using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Simple meat loaf
- You need 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1/2 cup of italian bread crumbs.
- You need 1/4 cup of ketchup.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare 2 lb of ground chuck.
- It’s 2 of small cans plain tomato sauce.
- You need 1/4 of to a half cup more ketchup (for the top).
- You need 1 of optional~10 to 12 queen(large) stuffed green olives sliced in half (length way).
Simple meat loaf instructions
- Mix the first 5 ingredients in a large bow.
- Add the ground beef and olives, mix. The less you work the meat the better. It will make it dense if you mash it around to much..
- Form your meat mixture into a loaf in a baking pan. I use a glass pyrex…about 8 x 12.
- You can also leave the olives whole and make a trench down the center.. lay them end to end. Then cover them over with the meat mix. It looks nice when you cut it..
- Pour the two cans of tomato sauce over..
- Squirt ketchup across the top over the tomato sauce. As much as you like! This makes a nice thick topping..
- Bake 350 covered for about 40 minutes. (Tent the foil so you dont lose that nice top!).
- Let stand about 10 minutes..
- I serve with sour cream mashies, drenched with that lovely tomato gravy.