Château Potatoes. Chateau potatoes date back to the Napoleon Bonaparte era and were the accompaniment to chateaubriand. These buttery potatoes are sautéed and roasted. Learn how to make Château potatoes with Le Cordon Bleu Paris Chef Instructor, Marc Vaca.
Buttery chateau potatoes – cooked in garlicky butter, then roasted until they're nice and crispy. Jump to Recipe Pin Recipe Rate this Recipe. Dry potatoes and place in pan and stir to coat with butter mixture. You can cook Château Potatoes using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Château Potatoes
- It’s 1 pound of potatoes.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of butter.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of rosemary.
- You need To taste of salt and pepper.
Download Chateau potatoes stock photos at the best stock photography agency with millions of premium high quality, royalty-free stock photos, images and pictures at reasonable prices. Chateau potatoes definition is – potato balls parboiled briefly and then braised in butter. If the potatoes are fairly large, pour the butter and potatoes into an ovenproof dish, cover and cook in the oven with the crown roast. Mash potatoes and mix in cottage cheese, sour cream, onion powder, salt, and pepper until smooth.
Château Potatoes instructions
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Peel and cut the potatoes into 8 sided jewel shaped pieces. Start a by cutting the potatoes in half. Then squeeze the potato causing the blade to work from the bottom to the top, in one continuous slice. Kinda like an American football..
- Since the potatoes comes in different shapes and sizes I couldn't make them perfect and exactly the same size. Pat them dry and season with salt and pepper..
- Add olive oil and butter to an oven safe skillet. Melt the butter and add the rosemary. Add the chateau potatoes to the mixture..
- Coat the potatoes in the butter mixture and bake in the oven for 25-35 minutes until golden brown. Turn half way through the cooking process. Season with salt and pepper. Serve I hope you enjoy!!!.
Chateau Potatoes Trivia: Food Reference history, trivia, kitchen & cooking tips & facts, recipes, quotes, humor, poetry and culinary crosswords. Today happens to be National Puppy Day, which is great because I love puppies – especially when I don't have to train them! For pommes château or chateau potatoes, a dense potato, such as red bliss or Yukon gold, works best. Red bliss potatoes don't hold up as well for dishes like mashed potatoes. Shake the pan to ensure the potatoes are coated with the butter.