Potato cakes. These quick and easy potato cakes will have all the family members coming back for more. These potato cakes are great with any meal or as a snack. Simple and quick to make with only a few.
Ashley teaches Bridget how to make Mashed Potato Cakes. Potato cakes that are made with leftover mashed potatoes. These lovely Cheesy Mashed Potato Cakes that are soft from the inside, but golden and crispy from the outside! You can cook Potato cakes using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Potato cakes
- You need of Leftover mashed potatoes.
- You need of Shredded cheese of choice.
- You need 2 of Eggs.
- It’s of Flour.
- It’s of Bread crumbs.
- Prepare of Oil for frying.
- Prepare of Bacon crumbles, Green onion chopped, all extra optionals(little broccoli).
This recipe for Loaded Mashed Potato Cakes is the perfect use for leftover mashed potatoes! Everyone raves about these potato pancakes and beg for more! These cheesy vegan potato cakes are quick and very easy to make! Mix mashed potatoes, flour, onion, egg, black pepper and salt together in a bowl until well combined.
Potato cakes instructions
- Heat oil in frying pan.
- Add in any extras at this time to the mashed potatoes, before forming into patties. (no need to add anything extra if you don’t have it.)Take cold mashed potatoes and shape them like hamburger patties..
- Take 2 eggs and beat them.
- Take potato patties and coat in flour, then eggs, then bread crumbs and fry until golden brown. When frying don’t forget to flip them. (if they fall apart a few of mine did, when coating them no big deal just reshape them in the bread crumbs that’s what I did.).
- Drain on wire rack or paper towels before severing.
- Notes- use a spatula, when placing in oil. I used my hands and just picked them up and one fell apart, my 2nd batch I placed in with a spatula.
These Parmesan Mashed Potato Cakes are so addictive! A crunchy, cheesy crust is hiding the soft, velvety mashed potato filling. They make a perfect side dish or a filling vegetarian meal. Give mashed potato leftovers a second chance by frying them into this recipe for crispy Mashed Potato Cakes from Food Network. Made with potatoes, broccoli, leeks, onions and cheese, so good!