Tater-tots. How to make tater tots at home without frying. These homemade tater tots are baked, not fried so they are easy. Jump to the Homemade Baked Tater Tots Recipe or read on to see how we make them!
Homemade Tater Tots is featured in this easy, kid pleasing recipe. ►►►►TATER TOTS TOOLBAG ◄◄◄◄ Oven Thermometer. While frozen tater tots are super easy to pop in the oven, most are full of processed ingredients. Homemade tater tots are incredibly delicious and, of course, a million times tastier than frozen ones. You can cook Tater-tots using 4 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tater-tots
- You need 2 pounds of potatoes.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of flour.
- You need As needed of peanut oil to fry in.
Homemade tater tots are easier to make than you think, freeze well, and have endless variations because you make them yourself. Tater Tot Hotdish is a quick and easy comfort food staple recipe all over the Midwest! This hotdish is full of meat, veggies, soup, cheese, and topped with tater tots for a super satisfying meal! Easy dinners are my favorite and I'm a big fan of casseroles, as you well I love this easy tater tot casserole recipe because it takes only a handful of ingredients and most can.
- Peel the potatoes. Cut each potato in half. Add to the water and bring to a boil..
- Let it actually boil 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and water. Let it cool and grate the potatoes. Add the shredded potatoes to a bowl..
- Add the tablespoon of flour to the potatoes. Add salt and mix well. Add dusting flour to a laid out piece of parchment paper..
- Heat the oil in a skillet. Take a handful of the potato mixture, roll out the mixture into a sausage shaped roll, on the flour. Cut the roll into tot sized pieces..
- When you have all the pieces made fry in the hot oil. Fry in batches for 3 minutes till crispy. Set on a paper towel to absorb excessive amounts of oil..
- Here is the choice, they can either be frozen, single layer till they are hard. After frozen and hard put into a ziploc freezer bag for future use. Or put into the hot oil and fry till crunchy and delicious. Fry in batches and move to a paper towel to absorb excessive amounts of oil again. As they come out season with salt and serve. I hope you enjoy!!!.
A traditional American frozen food, supposedly made of potatoes, nicknamed Taters. Tater tots are basically fried minced potato in a tiny cylinder form, and then frozen, bought. Tater tots are a favorite fast food side, but they're also a versatile ingredient you can use at home to create some deliciously over-the-top breakfasts, lunches, and dinners. "Never have to buy frozen store bought Tater Tots® anymore. This will be a good, more healthy recipe for kids and adults to remember their childhood favorite. Tater tots are the main ingredient in hotdish casserole recipes and an upcycling success story.