You can cook Potato Latkes using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Potato Latkes
- You need 5 of Eggs.
- It’s 5 of Potatoes.
- Prepare 1 of yellow onion.
- You need of Pepper.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare of Peeler.
- Prepare of Grater.
Potato Latkes instructions
- (One egg per potato) Crack the eggs into a medium-sized bowl. Add in pepper and salt and whip with fork. Have it be saltier than desired as the potatoes will absorb some salt..
- Grate or pulverize the onion into the egg mixture. (Pictured is the grater I use.).
- Peel and grate the potatoes into the eggs – this helps prevent the potatoes from browning..
- Heat up a skillet or frying pan with olive oil or an oil of your choice. Scoop out some latkeh mixture and shape it more on the thin side for a crunchiness. Be careful with making it too thick\heavy. It will be harder to flip over and is more likely to crumble..
- Keep experimenting to get your desired texture 🙂 We made it a bit too thick this time around- so it tasted like delicious potato kugel!.