You can have Meat Loaf using 16 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Meat Loaf
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1 lb of ground pork.
- You need 2 of whole eggs and 1 egg yolk.
- You need 1 tsp of kosher salt.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 2 clove of minced garlic.
- It’s 1 cup of ketchup.
- You need 2 tsp of mustard.
- It’s 1 medium of onion minced.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 2/3 cup of cracker crumbs.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of milk.
- You need 2 tsp of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of basil.
- You need 1 tbsp of hot sauce.
Meat Loaf step by step
- Sauté onion with vegtable oil.
- Add garlic, cook for 30 seconds.
- Set aside and cool.
- Mix cracker crumbs and milk.
- Add hamburger and pork to milk mixture..
- Add onion, worcester sauce, mustard, eggs, basil, salt and pepper to mixture. Mix well.
- Spray foil lined pan with cooking spray..
- Add meat mixture to pan..
- In small pot add ketchup, brown sugar and hot sauce..
- Mix well until sugar is dissolved. Cook cor additional 5 minutes.
- Place meat under broiler for 5 minutes.
- Baste meat with sauce and return to broiler for 2 more minutes. Repeat basting 3 more times.
- Bake in oven for 45 minutes at 350°. Baste with remaining sauce every 15 minutes..