You can have Bacon-wrapped Meatloaf using 17 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bacon-wrapped Meatloaf
- Prepare of meatloaf.
- You need 1 lb of ground beef (85% preferred).
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of ketchup.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of dry thyme.
- It’s 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of bread crumbs.
- It’s 6 of slices of bacon.
- It’s of glaze topping.
- It’s 1/4 cup of ketchup.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of mustard.
- It’s 2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- You need 2 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
Bacon-wrapped Meatloaf step by step
- Preheat oven on 350°F.
- Saute onions in butter until soft..
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl..
- Add dry spices, ketchup, onions and cheese. Mix..
- Crumble ground beef in bowl. Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Mix GENTLY to incorporate all ingredients. (mixing aggressively or squeezing and squishing will give you an end result of tough meat.) The mixture will feel fairly wet but should still hold together. Only add more bread crumbs if it doesn't hold..
- Put mixture in a baking dish. Form into a loaf. (Your dish should be larger than you loaf so it isn't drowning in grease).
- Lay slices of bacon across top of loaf until it is completely covered..
- Bake at 350°F for 45 min. If your bacon is not fully crisp at this point then turn oven to broil for a few minutes until crispy..
- While your loaf is cooking mix all glaze ingredients in small bowl..
- Slather the glaze on top of crispy bacon and cook at 350° for about 5-10 minutes until hot..
- You can sprinkle a little cheese on top for garnish..
- Transfer loaf to cutting board removing any fat that has accumulated on bottom of loaf. Slice and enjoy..