Melting Potatoes (Fondant).
You can cook Melting Potatoes (Fondant) using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Melting Potatoes (Fondant)
- You need 4 of medium potatoes (you don’t have to use all the slices if you don’t have a big enough pan).
- It’s 1 cup of chicken stock.
- You need sprigs of Fresh rosemary.
- You need 10 tbsp of salted butter.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
- You need 3 of large garlic cloves cut in half.
Melting Potatoes (Fondant) instructions
- Preheat you oven to 400.
- Skin and shape your potatoes into cylinders. Slice off the ends and slice into 1 inch discs.
- Melt 4 tbsp butter into a cast iron skillet.
- Generously salt and pepper the tops and place into the skillet seasoned side down, then salt and pepper the top. Sear the potatoes until tops are golden brown. Rotate them around to avoid cold spots and even browning..
- Flip the potatoes and add in the garlic, rosemary, chicken stock and butter into the pan and place in the oven for 30 minutes.