Veggie Meatloaf. Lightly seasoned lean ground turkey meatloaf muffins made with couscous and lots of grated zucchini, onion, and red bell pepper get a topping of barbecue sauce in this easy recipe. I've always thought meatloaf looks and smells so delicious and savory so, as a vegetarian, I decided to make a no-meat version! This is basically our favorite meatloaf recipe but with cooked mashed lentils.
So remember that Chunky Portabella Veggie Burger I shared with you guys? Turkey Veggie Meatloaf is a quick and easy, kid friendly supper that will sneak those veggies into your menu in the most delicious way! Remember the big Hanukkah recipe contest I hosted with. You can have Veggie Meatloaf using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Veggie Meatloaf
- You need 3 lb of ground beef or turkey burger.
- You need 1/2 of chopped onion.
- You need 1 of chopped green bell pepper.
- Prepare 3 of chopped peppers.
- Prepare 1/4 head of chopped cauliflower.
- It’s 3 of eggs.
- It’s 2 cup of crushed corn chips.
- Prepare 9 piece of strips of bacon.
This meatloaf includes loads of chopped and shredded vegetables. The loaf is an excellent way to get picky kids to eat their veggies. The colorful vegetables give this loaf a festive look—and they add so much goodness! Baking it in a casserole gives my meat loaf a unique shape, too, just for something a little.
Veggie Meatloaf instructions
- Chop in food processor and put in large mixing bowl.
- Chop cauliflower to a rice consistency and add to same mixing bowl.
- Add meat to chopped veggies, mix well. add the chips, mix well. Add eggs, mix well..
- Put mixture in a casserole dish. To speed up cook time spread out the loaf. Add bacon to top of meatloaf..
- Preheat oven to 400 and cook for 1 1/2 hours or till done in center.
Veggie stuffed meatloaf is the best meatloaf I've ever tasted! It's a comfort food meal to serve for a hearty weeknight dinner or a special Sunday supper. This Vegan Meatloaf is flavorful, decadent, nutty and great for anyone wanting a no bean/lentil loaf. Vegan Recipe Can be Glutenfree Soyfree. The Best Vegetarian Meatloaf Recipes on Yummly